I’ve installed Pinoculars and added my Pinterest tag ID. Why can’t I see any stats?
Pinterest can take several hours to display collected data. If you’ve waited and still don’t see anything, you can check if the tag is firing.
To check if tracking is working, go to https://ads.pinterest.com/conversion_tags/ and click on the “Details” button next to tag you used with Pinoculars. On the right column, there should a table labeled “Tag Event History”. If there are events there, that means Pinterest is receiving data from your site. If you’re not receiving data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it out ASAP.
If your tag is firing and there are still no conversions, there may not be any conversions or the users may have been using an ad blocker.
Another analytics service is reporting different conversions. Why is that?
There are several reasons why this could happen:
- Pinterest will attribute a conversion to a promoted pin if it converts within the attribution window you set – usually 30 days. Other analytics services like Google Analytics work on a last-touch basis. This means the last referrer gets the credit for a conversion even if they clicked on your promoted pin recently.
- Ad blockers block the Pinterest tag from firing. A portion of your visitors are probably using ad blockers which can skew the conversion count.
- Another service reporting conversion from Pinterest may be combining organic and paid conversions. Your promoted pin dashboard will only show paid conversions.
Do I need to disable the Pinterest tracking from Shopify’s Pinterest sales channel?
Yes, this is recommended. To disable Shopify’s Pinterest tracking, just follow these steps:
- From your Shopify admin page, go to Settings > Sales Channels.
- Click on the Pinterest sales channel.
- Scroll down to the Pinterest Tag section, click Disable.
- Click Save.
Do I need to remove previous Pinterest tag code from my website?
Yes, this should be done to prevent inaccurate tracking. If you’re not sure how to remove your old tag code, email email@example.com and we can get that fixed for you!
How do I see my conversions?
We’ve written an article for that! Check it out.
How do I retarget or remarket with my data from Pinoculars?
- Here’s how to make an audience
- Here’re some specific strategies you could use
- For the advanced, here’s a complete list of all potential dimensions you can target based on